Monday, November 24, 2014 – 13:00
How is your credit union handling its young members plagued with student loan debt? Student loans have increased 500% since 1999, significantly impacting our members’ ability to pay. Currently 40 million Americans have outstanding student debt and there is no sign of slowing down. These members show up in delinquencies and charge-offs at a much higher rate than the general population. Our members are struggling and credit unions need guidance on underwriting loans to these members.
- The trends in student loan debt today
- How much student loan debt is too much and how to look at ratios
- What questions to ask members when student loan debt appears on the credit report
- How to find a resolution for young members with multiple student loans
- Learn from peer credit unions on performing loans and the non-performing loans that weigh heavy on the credit report